Our quest to pack up and go is still moving in the right direction. Sometimes it seems like things are at a stand still but then other times, when I’m in the right frame of mind, I see progress around every corner.
The boat show last weekend in Annapolis, Maryland was incredible! Not only were we able to meet up with my niece, Jaycie and her family for the afternoon on Thursday but on Friday, we were able to take a quick sail on two different Catamarans after a brief lecture in the morning and quickly eliminated one of them from our list of boats to look at as a possible home someday. It was way too small to even consider living on day after day. It was fun though. The rest of the time, 2 more days were spent walking around the docks climbing in and out of various boats of various sizes, shapes, brands and price ranges. We looked at everything there was to look at. Even the ones we could only dream of affording. By the time we left, we had one particular boat at the top of our list, the Leopard 39, a brand new model this year and a beautiful Cat. By the time we’re ready to make a purchase though, this will be an old model and something even better will take it’s place so this is where we’ll start. As an added bonus, we were able to meet, in person, the infamous Bob Bitchin. An author in many of the sailing magazines we’ve subscribed to and a sailor as well. He and his wife did just what we are wanting to do…sell everything and live aboard a sailboat. It was a treat to get the chance to meet him.
I’d really like to go to a strictly “Multihull” boat show now, or even just a Catamaran show. I’m sure the opportunity will present itself in due time. Until then, we press forward in Missouri.
On a more serious note, we got a call the other day from Jon’s dad. Tiny is back in the hospital. This time, she got dizzy, passed out and fell straight backwards, hitting her head. He couldn’t get her to her feet so-called for an ambulance. Come to find out, she had been in the hospital last week for 4 days for the same thing, the dizziness. We had no idea. The most frustrating thing for me though is not that they didn’t call and tell us then, but #1, the fact that they are going through all of this, basically on their own and #2, when we ask dad questions about what the doctors are doing with her, tests etc. and what they might be finding out, he doesn’t know or remember what they’re telling him. He will always say that they can’t find anything wrong or the cause. Then, they’ll let her go home for the same thing to happen days later. Now, why would they let her go home if they don’t know what the problem is? Is he just not telling us everything or do they really not know? In addition to all of this, dad is having some problems with one of his eyes swelling up and full of fluid so he’s dealing with that as well. He told Jon on the phone the other day that it took him an hour to get home from the hospital when they live only about 15 minutes away. I’m sure he got lost again.
This process of selling the animals and the farm can not happen fast enough for me. I want so badly to be down there now and be able to help them out. They need someone, and advocate of sorts to sort out all the medical mess for them and get it relayed to the rest of the family as well. Just another set of ears, eyes & hands would be a huge help.
Since I wrote last, we have had another couple come to see the alpacas we are selling and after some phone calls and emails back and forth, they want to buy our trailer and two of the girls. Taylor & Summer. Taylor has a male cria (baby) Cooper, that will go with her. The last email I got from them started out with the words, “SOLD!” We didn’t have enough time to get signed contracts or a deposit from them before they left for 10 days to Italy, so, we’re waiting for them to return next week to finalize everything. I’m reluctant to say we’ve sold the girls & trailer until I have a signed contract and/or deposit but I’m inclined to do so.
Until next time…